Blythewood athletes announce college plans

Blythewood High School recognized five members of the Class of 2021 as they announced their
plans to continue their athletic careers on the collegiate level. The five athletes were recognized in a ceremony at the
school with family members.

Callie Baucom, daughter of Brian and Stacy Baucom, announced her decision to continue her softball career at
Methodist University in Fayetteville, North Carolina. Baucom is an infielder and outfielder for head coach Jordan
Atkinson at Blythewood. Baucom will join the Monarchs next year after completing her senior season at Blythewood
High School.

Ty Dooley, son of Scott and Angela Dooley, signed to continue his baseball career at Radford University in Radford,
Virginia. Dooley plays shortstop for head coach Banks Faulkner at Blythewood High School. Dooley will earn his
second varsity letter this year with the Bengals.

Anna Fridriksson, daughter of Julius and Astrid Fridriksson, signed a scholarship offer from the University of South
Carolina at Sumter to continue her softball career on the collegiate level. Fridriksson plays infield, outfield, and
pitches for head coach Jordan Atkinson at Blythewood. Fridriksson is a five-year letterman for the Bengals. She is
slated to play shortstop for the Fire Ants in college.

Matthew Hutto, son of John and Ginny Hutto, signed to continue his golf career at Winthrop University in Rock Hill,
South Carolina. Hutto will complete his senior season at Blythewood under head coach Jason Minkel. Hutto has had
a decorated junior golfing career in the Palmetto State. He finished first at the 2019 Charles Tilghman Invitational.
He was also selected to play in the Carolinas-Virginia team matches in 2019 and qualified to play overseas in
Scotland in the summer of 2020.

Anissia Wong, daughter of Anthony and Lakisha Carter, announced her signing to continue her volleyball career at
the University of Albany in Albany, New York. Wong served as a middle blocker/middle hitter for head coach Mary
Hall at Blythewood High School. Wong transferred to Blythewood for her senior year after compiling many
accomplishments as a prep player at Mesa Ridge High School in Colorado. While in Colorado, Wong was named to
the Academic All-State team, as being an All-League selection for her performance on the court. Wong helped lead
the Bengals to the playoffs in 2020.

• Callie Baucom and Anna Fridriksson to playing softball at the collegiate level.

• Anissia Wong commits to play volleyball at the University of Albany.

• Matthew Hutto commits to play golf for Winthrop University.

• Ty Dooley commits to Radford University.

• Callie Baucom with her parents on signing day.