Blythewood gets ready for Annual Holiday Wishes Project

Holiday Wishes is a school-wide service project that helps families in the local community over the holidays. This year, Blythewood is organizing two projects and assisting with one more.

Blythewood has partnered with Families Helping Families, a local non-profit, and is sponsoring 100 families. Students, families, teachers, and even organizations can sponsor a family and buy them presents for the holidays. It’s recommended to spend at least $75 for each family member.

The second project, Be the Light,  raises money for Epworth Children’s Home to build a retreat room on the campus. On top of the retreat room, the project is collecting items to give to children as they arrive at the campus for the first time. Items include laundry baskets, pillows, twin sheet sets, twin comforters, twin mattress protectors, throw blankets, toothbrushes, toothpaste, wash clothes and towels, Dove body wash, and ChapStick.

Lastly, Blythewood is partnering with Chick-Fil-A to provide care packages for senior citizens in senior centers or senior hospitals. Our school will be competing with Westwood High School and Blythewood Academy to see who can provide the most gloves, hats, scarves, hats, and socks and the most stuffed cows. Any guests who bring an item will receive free ice cream or cookies. Any guests who purchase a stuffed cow will receive a free chicken sandwich. Bins will be set up at Chick-Fil-A for items based on the school. Items must be dropped off from Monday, November 11 – Saturday, December 7.

To encourage participation, 401 has created a friendly competition. The prized are a Holiday Party for teachers and their students, a $250 total classroom makeover (two will be awarded) and lastly, every teacher that helps at least one family can wear jeans every day of the week of Monday, December 16th Thursday, December 19th.